COVID-19 Surgery Check-In & Discharge
Your pet’s surgery appointment day at the Warren or Flint location:
- Please clearly label all carriers/traps with the pet’s name and Shelter/Rescue/Owner’s last name.
- If your pet is 4 months or younger, he/she may have a small meal the morning of surgery. If your pet is older than 4 months, no food after midnight the night before. Water should be available to all pets up until the appointment time.
- Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing as possible.
- Please ensure your dog is leashed and their collar is snug and your cat is safely contained in a carrier (double check that the doors are secure, the top and bottom portion are appropriately attached and the bottom cannot give way).
- Weather permitting, please leave your dog in your vehicle during the check in process. Staff will direct you when it’s time to retrieve your dog.
- Warren surgery check in for dogs and dental procedures is 8 am. Check in for cats is 8:30 am. Check in for TNR/trapped cats is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday between 8 am – 10 am (9 am-9:30 am preferred). Dogs go home the same day between 4 pm – 5pm. Cats are our guests for the evening and go home the next morning between 7:15 am – 7:30 am; 8:30 am on Saturday.
- Flint surgery check for dogs and cats is 8 am. Check in for TNR/trapped cats is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays between 8:30 am – 10 am (8:30 am – 9 am preferred). Dogs go home the same day at 5 pm. Cats are our guests for the evening and go home the next morning at 7:15 am.
- Please arrive on time for discharge and wear a mask when interacting with staff.
- Warren: Dog discharge: 4 pm – 5 pm. Cat discharge: 7:15 am – 7:30 am Tuesday through Friday. 8:30 am Saturday.
- Flint: Dogs go home the same day at 5 pm. Cats are our guests for the evening and go home the next morning at 7:15 am.